AECOM Electrical Tech Avionics II in Lakehurst, New Jersey
United States of America - New Jersey, Lakehurst
AECOM is immediately hiring a qualified Electrical Tech Avionics II in support of U.S. Army Aviation maintenance operations at our Lakehurst, NJ location.
This positions is explicitly for the H-60 TDFM 9000 Program and involve 100% travel.
Purpose and Scope:
Install, troubleshoot, and maintain aviation electronics equipment to include but not limited to; advanced communications, radar, navigation and aircraft survivability equipment in various Rotary and Fixed Wing aircraft.
1) Maintenance and installation of research and development projects on airplanes and helicopters. Assists in the preparation of schematic and wiring diagrams.
2) Determines material specifications, assembles components, tests, troubleshoots and repairs avionics/electronic components as necessary.
3) Components/assemblies primarily worked on include radio equipment, navigation equipment, autopilots, automatic stabilization equipment, and aircraft instrument systems.
4) Fabricates, assembles necessary wire bundles, mounting equipment and assists with the design of unusual configuration necessary to adapt projects to aircraft systems.
5) Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on helicopters and airplanes.
6) Completes inspections, troubleshoots, accomplishes modification work orders, completes operational checks, orders repair parts through the Army Supply System and makes forms and records entries on aircraft records.
7) Operates motor vehicles in accomplishment of assigned work and assists with on-the-job training of other technicians.
8) May be required to participate in aerial flights.
9) Assists with familiarization training of other technicians as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Skills: Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of Electrical Technician Avionics I in addition to those above.
High School Diploma /GED plus a broad knowledge of other disciplines such as general math, geometry, calculus or electronics and/or related vocational/technical training. Aviation Electronics school trained and certified or US Military Service School Certificate required.. Minimum (6) year experience in the field of aviation electronics for the specific aircraft supported. Good communication skills, both written and spoken, and working knowledge of word processing and software applications. Must be able to read and understand schematic and wiring diagrams. Knowledge of basic hand tools associated with wiring and coaxial cables. Ability to pass and maintain solder certification. Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. Must be a Citizen of the United States of America. Must possess and maintain a valid driver?s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle. Position may require travel. Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Must read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Because this is a union position, you will be required to join the union which includes an initiation fee and monthly union dues.
Must be a US Citizen.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 203178BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.