AECOM Buyer 2 in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky
United States of America - Kentucky, Ft. Campbell
Directs the day to day purchase, receipt, storage, and sale of products to our customers by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1) Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
2) Work with vendors to ensure prompt delivery of products for stock and to satisfy immediate customer demands.
3) Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares work order for repairs and requisition for replacement of equipment.
4) Coordinate with accounting and purchasing to ensure accuracy of inventory and financial records.
5) Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
6) Process information/merchandise through point of sale inventory management system.
7) Write or type purchase orders and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
8) Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories. Computes total cost of items purchased.
9) Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
10) Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
11) Train, plan, assign and direct work of employees and conducts performance appraisals, rewards and disciplines employees.
12) Address complaints and resolves problems.
13) Perform other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must use hand to finger motion, and be able to climb and balance. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and up to 100 pounds with mechanical assistance. Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions. Will work near moving mechanical parts. Will work in high and precarious places. Must be able to have clear close, distance, color and peripheral vision.Must have depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. May have to work around fumes, air borne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. May have to work in the outdoors in extreme heat or cold weather. The noise level in this area is moderate.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a four year college and at least 2 years related experience.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and various computer software programs.
Must be able to type at least 25wpm.
Must have the ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system, to communicate with associates and customers, to keep records, to operate a computer terminal and Microsoft Office software, to operate the equipment within the warehouse, to use proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies, to use proper safety techniques to order, receive, deliver and inventory packages, supplies and mail, to maintain warehouse and store areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to earn and retain a commercial forklift operator's license/certificate and maintain a valid State driver's license.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Must be able to obtain NACI.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 204821BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.